Tuesday, February 25, 2014


The waves washed upon the shore and covered the glistening sand, leaving golden bubbles in its wake as it hurried back out to that from which it had come, I was struck with a sudden and vivid memory of another time when I was seated on white sand; my heart swollen with delicious conversation and my mind satisfied with the simplicity of the day.  There is an innocence to days that are easy, even mindless.  Although rare, they are as healing as a miracle and as delicious as heaven.
I find it easy to drift into thoughtful conversation with God at times like this.  To seek him out during a day when it would be so easy to get caught up in the here and now is one of the most rewarding experiences I ever have.  I am always thankful, always hopeful, always prayerful and always in love with him as he moment-by-moment designs my day and lays out before me a feast that I am humbled by.
There is no better life than this ... to be hanging by grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment